Wednesday, February 28, 2007

No tickee, no raundry...

Someone sent me a Craig's listing of an "immaculate" 1 bedroom apartment on the lower east side, so I decided to check it out.

It was in the low, low east side—deeply Chinese, which is cool.

I checked out the place, it was pretty big, but seemed like it could have been Dick Cheney's undisclosed location...flourescent bulbs, ugh. Narrow, one tiny window in the entire place. I said I would think about it.

I walked through the neighborhood, which was extremely exotic to me, and tried to picture myself living there. Plus side? Lot's of restaurants and weird groceries. Close enough to walk to our office on Chrystie Street (albeit a long walk).

On the negative side, I didn't see a single pet. So I decided to pass. I didn't want Frankie to live in fear that he would end up on a pu-pu platter somewhere down there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, definitely some interesting places you have checked out,hopefully you will find something good soon but not too soon because I enjoy reading your adventures...:-)

4:38 PM  
Blogger anno said...

So, you resume posting to Wild Bore, stop posting to Wild Bore, and the only reason I find out is because someone googled you and found me? Weird. We miss you here in Ann Arbor! Hope you & Frankie are settled into someplace wonderful and on to far more interesting adventures...

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home