Monday, February 26, 2007

"Wow, nice coat! What is that, Golden Retriever?"

When I first got to the city, I was looking at the possibilities uptown (Harlem, Washington Hts. Upper West Side) as well as Brooklyn, but as the month has progressed and I have realized what a monumental task this is, I decided to narrow my focus to Brooklyn. It seems I am priced out of all the places I would like to live (Ft. Green, Cobble Hill, Park Slope) and being that I have lasered in on the F-train line, I decided to take a stab at a neighborhood I am not familiar with and that is off of the J-line (which I don't know at all).

Saturday I was up for such an adventure, so I thought I'd look at some more modestly-priced neighborhoods and I thought, "Why not Bushwick?"

Why indeed. This is a question I can answer definitively at this point. Because Bushwick sucks. In fact, if I wanted to live in Bushwick, I could save about $1000 per month and live in East Dearborn.

I had a nice tour around the neighborhood though. Took one subway stop too far, so as I wandered past the liquor stores and laundrymats I had to ask directions to the street I was looking for. A nice man with golden teeth and a fur coat which looked alarmingly canine in origin pointed me in the right direction. His clingy companion eyed me with a suspicious dagger-like stare.

I found the address...new construction on a treeless boulevard. I didn't take the interior tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home